সোমবার, ৪ জুন, ২০১২

Tim Bradley Says It's Great to Face Manny, Will Be Even Better to Beat Him


"When the Amir Khan world title unification fight was presented I was determined not to be pushed into it. Business as usual was no longer acceptable and certain changes had to be made. I went over all the details with my team, debated the merits and decided it was not the best deal. I heard the criticism. I read the criticism. But deep down I knew, based on what was being offered to me, it was not the right deal. It was a business decision. And if it's one thing I have learned as a professional boxer it's this, sometimes the deal you don't make is the best deal you do make.

"I am thrilled beyond compare that I am challenging Manny Pacquiao. I was at the right place at the right time. But I'm also deserving of this fight. I have been a world champion since 2008. I have unified the titles twice. I'm undefeated. I'm the best in my division. I feel I made the right decision not only for my career but for my life - for my family. Looking back at it I can say that it was definitely worth enduring all the negativity directed toward me. I am now in a place where I will be able to accomplish another one of my goals in life and that is to fight the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. This is a huge challenge for me personally and professionally.

"It feels great to get the fight with Manny Pacquiao. It's going to feel even better when I beat him. You can take that to the bank."