সোমবার, ৪ জুন, ২০১২

Tim Bradley Looking to Weigh 144 or 145 For Fight

"I've been training for three months now. I'm on weight. I left the gym at 147-pounds today. I'll probably be coming a little light on the day of the weigh-in, 145 or 144. I'm just eating a little bit more. I feel great, I feel comfortable and I'm ready to deliver."




The 28-year-old American has only had one "real" fight over 140 pounds in his career, a stay-busy welterweight bout with Luis Abregu in July 2010. Pacquiao has been fighting over 140 since 2009, when he knocked out Ricky Hatton at that weight. He hasn't looked back, but he's also never himself weighed in at a full 147, so most likely we'll see a couple of guys around 145, which isn't so bad. I always try to figure out people who think that weighing in under a limit is some crime, like fighters are obligated to weigh exactly 147 or 154 or whatever. (I don't mean catchweight fights. These people really exist.)

Being at 147 right now might make some wonder if Bradley has perhaps overtrained, though. I have no idea and it would just be speculation, but hey, I've floated it, and now I'll pretend it's absurd to wonder. Oh, me!